The forecasts about the Big Data have come true, proving that this revolution is irreversible; ushering tremendous opportunities. The companies such as Yahoo, Google, Netflix, Facebook and LinkedIn deployed these technologies to a great effect. However, Fortune 500 companies are a tad slow to deploy their big data applications due to the skills shortage or caught up in funding cycles. There are IT decision makers also, who needs some education in terms of various use cases to create a compelling business case for Big Data projects. It could open up high end, non-trivial service employment opportunities worldwide and particularly in India, if we are prepared to embrace the opportunity. In this forum, we will deliberate and articulate how to make Big Data work from multiple viewpoints – Technological and Business.
Date & Venue:
22nd Sept’ 2012, Infosys Campus, Hyderabad
10:30am – 10:45am Welcome and theme Introduction
10:45am – 11:30 am Real life Use Cases
11:30am – 12:45 pm Panel – Big Data : Making it work
Chandra Katuri, SVP (IM), BoA
Srinivas Duvvuri, VP, Broadridge
Subra Duvvuri, AVP, Franklin Templeton
Smit Shanker, Formely IT head, Novartis
Moderator : Ram Chinta, SVP, Polaris
12:45pm – 2:00 pm Lunch
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Where does Hadoop come handy? [Praveen Sripati, Head-Technology, ZettaMine Technologies]
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Big Data in Financial services [Srini Prabhala, CTO (Financial Services), Infosys]
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm Wonderful Data Visualizations [Naveen Gutta, COO, Gramener]
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Community Connect : Cloud Stack & Apache Software Foundation [Ram Chinta, Director, Citrix]
Join the Hadoop User Group of Hyderabad
FREE Registration (Mandatory)
Today customers are more than just customers. With the wide use of social media networking, they influence others and reveal their buying interests. On the other hand, organizations know that, to compete effectively, they must capture as much information as possible to detect patterns, trends, and other clues to stay in the competition. This live TDWI Webinar on Customer Analytics in the Age of Social Media will address best practices, provide guidance, and dispense tips for using the tools and techniques to leverage data from social media networks.
Register here http://bit.ly/M5Ylo4
Webinar broadcast: July 10, 2012 9:00 a.m. PT
Speaker: David Stodder
To register: http://bit.ly/M5Ylo4
If you already have a free membership to the TDWI Web site, you just need to log in and register for the Webinar. If you’re not yet a subscriber, simply register for free membership first. Free membership give you access to sponsored content such as research, Webinars, and white papers.
Also check out the just published Best Practices Report on the same subjecthttp://bit.ly/MF3BMT
We hope you will find both the Webinar and the report informative.
Infovision is an ISiM crafted initiative, started in 2005. First of its kind in terms of collaborative effort from the biggest industry forums like TDWI Chapter, CSI, DAMA, acm and IEEE.
Some of the themes of Infovision 2011 are :
- CXO perspective on how to leverage Data for business differentiation and competitiveness.
- Explore the latest Technology landscape, share best practices and technology workshops
- Explore value proposition of BI from the perspectives of Businesses, Products/Technology, Service Providers, End user expectations with case studies, challenges and issues with the adoption of this technology
This ia a FREE 2-day conference with spectacular roster of experts and leaders.
More details at http://www.isim.ac.in/infovision2011/programme.html
For registration :
Day 1 Registration : http://www.infovision2011day01.eventbrite.com/
Day 2 Registration : http://www.infovision2011day02.eventbrite.com/
For questions or information, mail to : tdwi.india at gmail dot com
TDWI Chapter (India) event (FREE) on Big Data in Hyderabad on 23rd July 2011 hosted by Infosys
09:00 10:00 Registration and Coffee
10:00 10:15 Welcome Address – Srinivas Prabhala, CTO, Financial Services, Infosys
10:15 10:45 Data Deluge: Opportunities and challenges N T Arun Kumar, Managing Director, UBS
10:45 11:45 Technical Challenges of Handling big data Ramesh Bhashyam, CTO, Teradata (India R&D)
11:45 12:45 Hadoop and No SQL Approaches Nagaraj Kulkarni, Chief Architect, Compugence
12:45 14:00 Lunch Break
14:00 14:45 Data Analysis through DW Appliances Satyanarayana Ranganatha, Sr. Manager, EMC
14:45 15:30 Innovations in Analytical Databases Vivek Bhatnagar, Country Director, Ingres
03:30 03:45 Tea Break
03:45 05:15 Panel: Some Perspectives on Big Data
- Sreenivas Simhadri, General Manager, Microsoft
- Ajit Nema, Director, Deloitte
- Suresh Donepudi, CIO, ITC Bhadrachalam
- Gurpreet Singh, CEO, DEFTeam
- KVSN Sastry, Principal Architect, Infosys
5:15 5:30 Closing Keynote – Subbu Venkatraman, Vice President, CA
Registration are mandatory to attend the event. Register using http://tdwichapters.org/pages/india/event-registration.aspx
For Clarification send an email to email@example.com
Glad to share with you details of a seminar on Business Analytics conducted by Deloitte Consulting.
Business that can be analyzed accurately can be managed efficiently. In these volatile times, predictability and foresight are the key attributes that can keep an organization ahead of competition. Business analytics may not be the answer to stay ahead, but it can certainly help decipher the signals generated in a volatile environment and make decisions to maximize an organizations value proposition.
This Seminar on Business Analytics 2011 gives an opportunity for professionals in the Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Performance Management space to broaden their thought leadership to the next level. Leaders on Analytics and Performance Management will share their insights and industry trends on business analytics. This Global event is planned in two major cities in India – Bengaluru and Hyderabad during the 2nd week of April’11. Delegates will be given certificate of participation.
• 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm: Registration
• 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm: Keynotes by Analytics Lead – competitive strategy based on Biz Analytics.
• 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm: Future of advanced analytics, use of predictive analytics to stay ahead of competition
• 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm: Tea-Coffee Break / Networking
• 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm: Current state and future of Biz Analytics, Performance Management Technologies
• 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm: Discussion and Sharing of Ideas
• 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm: Dinner – Cocktail / Networking
• Jane Griffin, Principal, Global Analytics Lead
• Nimitt Desai, Principal, Global BI/DW Capability Lead
• Matt Schwenderman, Principal, Global PMT Capability Lead
• William Thomas, Principal, PMT
• Raj Chhabra, Director, PMT
• Ajit Nema, Director, IM Service Line Lead
• Chandu Mukkavalli, Director, Data Management Capability Lead
Since there is limited capacity, please hurry and send in your expression of interest by responding to the dcanalyticsseminarfy11 at deloitte.com on or before March 31, 2011. Once your interest is received, you will be shared additional details.
We are happy to inform you a TDWI India Chapter event on “Business Intelligence in the Cloud” at Intel Campus, opp. Leela Palace, Old Airport Road, Bangalore on February 5th (Saturday) 2011. It is a day long event between 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. The seats are limited to 200. Preregistration is MANDATORY. This event is being hosted by Intel including Lunch, Coffee and snacks.
Cloud computing changes the way computing resources are delivered. It is disruptive as well as transformational. We will discuss and deliberate potential benefits and challenges of BI in external, virtual computing architectures, the future of cloud for BI, its applicability and availability of technology at present.
We have the following topics and speakers:
- Welcome/Inaugural Address – Narendra Vaze, Country Manager, Intel IT
- Visionary Keynote – Susheela Venkataraman, Managing Director, Internet Business Solutions, Cisco*
- Intel IT Cloud Story – Aravind Doss, Head, Cloud Computing, Intel IT
- What is BI on the Cloud? – Hari Devarapalli, Head, BI/PM Service Technology Office, TCS
- Cloud Computing for BI/DW – Rohit Chattar, Architect, Yahoo
- DW Infrastructure for Cloud -Praveen Hebbagodi, Director, Akamai Technologies
- Cloud BI Case Study – Mukesh K L, Chief Operating Officer, TATA Sky
- Perspectives: Transformational impact of Cloud on DW/BI
- Rajesh Shenoy, BI Head, Intel
- Nat Malupillai, BI Head, Target
- Raghuram Mutya, Lead, BI CoE, Dell Services
- Arup Dastigar, Senior Vice President, Citibank
- Moderated by Vijay Ramachandran, Chief Editor (CIO, Computerworld)
- Building BI Solution on Cloud- Mr. Satyanarayana Ranganatha, Head, DW Appliances, EMC
- Advanced Analytics on the cloud – Mr. Arindam Bhattacharjee, Chief Architect, SAP Analytics.
As you are aware, our chapters are meant for knowledge sharing and are sales pitch free, vendor neutral, unbiased and always FREE. Here is the Pre-registration link for your quick reference :
We will get back to you with confirmation and directions to the venue, security details ONLY after the pre-registration.
Drop a mail to tdwi.india at gmail dot com for any clarifications.
At the Conference, you will learn about the challenges, solutions and future of BI from top industry experts and leading-edge peers. There will be exciting technical sessions, delivered by the people who know BI best. You’ll experience a complete technical immersion, shared with a developer community that is passionate about all exciting developments in the BI world.
- Emerging Trends and Technologies in the Business Intelligence Market
- BI Design and Implementation Challenges
- Solution Centricity. The Pivot for Successful BI / DW Implementations
- Integrating Search and Business Intelligence
- SharePoint 2010 Insights: BI for Everyone
- Building Interactive Dashboards
- Microsoft BI : Vision & Strategy
- Advanced Analytics: The Next Wave in Business Intelligence
- Analyzing Data with Advanced Visualizations
- Best Practices for Data Warehousing
- Abhishek Jee, Director e-Governance, Domestic IT & Green IT, NASSCOM
- Ganesh Viswanathan Vice President-Global Head-Delivery & Quality,Quatrro Analytics and Management Services
- Sanjay Raj Practice Director- BI/DW, Syntel inc
- Sanjay Gupta Entrepreneur, Mentor and Incubator, mobiSolv
- Sunil Singh ,Chief of Asia Pacific / Managing Director for India, GlobalLogic
- Ashok Bhatt Head- Business Analytics, MapmyIndia.com
- Chandrashekhar Kaushik Dy General Manager & Director (EDWP), State Bank of India
- Sanjay Rai Service Delivery Manager , ST Microelectronics
- Vinay Kumar,CEO, Datawise
Venue : NCUI Convention Centre,3, Khel Gaon Marg, New Delhi
Time : 8.30 AM to 5 PM
There will be a nominal registration fee of Rs 500 which includes Access to Sessions, Refreshments and Lunch.
There is a great deal of confusion over the definition of cloud computing and its benefits to organizations. Many analysts even feel that it has yet to live up to the hype. However, few argue about the cloud’s potential to change the way computing resources are delivered. We not only discuss the different definitions of the cloud but also the potential benefits and challenges of architecting BI solutions in external, virtual computing architectures. We will also share lessons learned and the best practices and pitfalls of BI in the cloud.
Date: Thursday, November 18th 2010
Time: 1:30 – 5:30 pm (IST)
Venue: Microsoft Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad
Who should attend?
- Innovators, leaders, enterprise architects, technology managers, application developers and data modelers
- BI Practitioners and/or those who work on or manage existing BI programs, Technologists; BI developers
- Any one with interest in Cloud Computing
Inaugural Address – Sreenivas Simhadri, General Manager, Microsoft (IT)
Keynote : Cloud – Microsoft IT Story Raj Biyani, General Manager, Microsoft (IT)
What is a Cloud? – Prabhakar Kasu, Founder-CEO, Ortus Consulting
Conventional vs. Cloud BI – Ramesh Loganathan, MD, Progress Software
Building BI Solutions in the cloud – Ramesh Kumar Koona, Asst Vice President
Cloud BI Case Study – Bhavin Jayantilal Raichura, Technology Architect, Amiteshwar Dayal Seth, Delivery Manager, Infosys
Closing Address – Subbu Venkatraman, VP, Software Engineering, Computer Associates
Registration are mandatory to attend the event. Register for this event through:
This event for FREE for all Professionals. You may get additional details in tdwi-india.blogspot.com
For clarifications, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
TDWI India Chapter’s event on Facets of Business Intelligence to be held at Pune on 16th July 2010.
This event focuses on various areas related to BI : Real-time, Agile, Operational, Cloud and other latest trends in BI. There will be sessions by CIOs and practitioners, experts who will deliberate the initiation and adoption strategies as well as explore the architecture for building global Business Analytics infrastructure from multinational businesses.
Don’t forget to mark your calendars and be there to meet up with India’s leading thought leaders in BI.
Registrations is mandatory but free for all. Do forward this message to your colleagues / team / peer group and all those who are interested in BI.
You can register for this event at – http://tdwichapters.org/pages/india/event-registration.aspx
For any further assistance :
Write to – email@example.com