Infovision is an ISiM crafted initiative, started in 2005. First of its kind in terms of collaborative effort from the biggest industry forums like TDWI Chapter, CSI, DAMA, acm and IEEE.
Some of the themes of Infovision 2011 are :
- CXO perspective on how to leverage Data for business differentiation and competitiveness.
- Explore the latest Technology landscape, share best practices and technology workshops
- Explore value proposition of BI from the perspectives of Businesses, Products/Technology, Service Providers, End user expectations with case studies, challenges and issues with the adoption of this technology
This ia a FREE 2-day conference with spectacular roster of experts and leaders.
More details at http://www.isim.ac.in/infovision2011/programme.html
For registration :
Day 1 Registration : http://www.infovision2011day01.eventbrite.com/
Day 2 Registration : http://www.infovision2011day02.eventbrite.com/
For questions or information, mail to : tdwi.india at gmail dot com
Glad to share with you details of a seminar on Business Analytics conducted by Deloitte Consulting.
Business that can be analyzed accurately can be managed efficiently. In these volatile times, predictability and foresight are the key attributes that can keep an organization ahead of competition. Business analytics may not be the answer to stay ahead, but it can certainly help decipher the signals generated in a volatile environment and make decisions to maximize an organizations value proposition.
This Seminar on Business Analytics 2011 gives an opportunity for professionals in the Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Performance Management space to broaden their thought leadership to the next level. Leaders on Analytics and Performance Management will share their insights and industry trends on business analytics. This Global event is planned in two major cities in India – Bengaluru and Hyderabad during the 2nd week of April’11. Delegates will be given certificate of participation.
• 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm: Registration
• 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm: Keynotes by Analytics Lead – competitive strategy based on Biz Analytics.
• 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm: Future of advanced analytics, use of predictive analytics to stay ahead of competition
• 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm: Tea-Coffee Break / Networking
• 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm: Current state and future of Biz Analytics, Performance Management Technologies
• 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm: Discussion and Sharing of Ideas
• 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm: Dinner – Cocktail / Networking
• Jane Griffin, Principal, Global Analytics Lead
• Nimitt Desai, Principal, Global BI/DW Capability Lead
• Matt Schwenderman, Principal, Global PMT Capability Lead
• William Thomas, Principal, PMT
• Raj Chhabra, Director, PMT
• Ajit Nema, Director, IM Service Line Lead
• Chandu Mukkavalli, Director, Data Management Capability Lead
Since there is limited capacity, please hurry and send in your expression of interest by responding to the dcanalyticsseminarfy11 at deloitte.com on or before March 31, 2011. Once your interest is received, you will be shared additional details.
Hadoop has become the de-facto standard for ‘big data’ firms such as EBay, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and even Yahoo itself. Hadoop is a software framework to build large scale, shared storage and computing infrastructures. The share nothing and highly scalable Hadoop clusters offers the most wanted reliability and ability to perform analytics across humongous amount of data available with them.
Yahoo’s announcement of discontinuing its version of Hadoop distribution a couple of days ago and endorsing the Apache Hadoop makes this event even more significant. Adding to the hype is integration, database and BI tool vendors endorsing Hadoop which has resulted in significant traction for Hadoop in the market place.
Yahoo is hosting the Apache Hadoop India Summit 2011 in Bangalore on 16th Feb 2011. Informatica is sponsoring the event.
Whether you are a Hadoop developer or enthusiast, do make sure that you don’t miss this event. Participation is by registration only and the space is limited. Get yourself registered !!
Venue : J N Tata Auditorium, Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore ( Location Map )
Date & Time : Wednesday, 16th Feb 2011 (8.30 AM to 6.30 PM IST)
Registration : http://hadoopindiasummit.eventbrite.com/
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
For Agenda and other details, visit : http://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/ydn/posts/2011/01/hadoop-india-summit-2011/
We are happy to inform you a TDWI India Chapter event on “Business Intelligence in the Cloud” at Intel Campus, opp. Leela Palace, Old Airport Road, Bangalore on February 5th (Saturday) 2011. It is a day long event between 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. The seats are limited to 200. Preregistration is MANDATORY. This event is being hosted by Intel including Lunch, Coffee and snacks.
Cloud computing changes the way computing resources are delivered. It is disruptive as well as transformational. We will discuss and deliberate potential benefits and challenges of BI in external, virtual computing architectures, the future of cloud for BI, its applicability and availability of technology at present.
We have the following topics and speakers:
- Welcome/Inaugural Address – Narendra Vaze, Country Manager, Intel IT
- Visionary Keynote – Susheela Venkataraman, Managing Director, Internet Business Solutions, Cisco*
- Intel IT Cloud Story – Aravind Doss, Head, Cloud Computing, Intel IT
- What is BI on the Cloud? – Hari Devarapalli, Head, BI/PM Service Technology Office, TCS
- Cloud Computing for BI/DW – Rohit Chattar, Architect, Yahoo
- DW Infrastructure for Cloud -Praveen Hebbagodi, Director, Akamai Technologies
- Cloud BI Case Study – Mukesh K L, Chief Operating Officer, TATA Sky
- Perspectives: Transformational impact of Cloud on DW/BI
- Rajesh Shenoy, BI Head, Intel
- Nat Malupillai, BI Head, Target
- Raghuram Mutya, Lead, BI CoE, Dell Services
- Arup Dastigar, Senior Vice President, Citibank
- Moderated by Vijay Ramachandran, Chief Editor (CIO, Computerworld)
- Building BI Solution on Cloud- Mr. Satyanarayana Ranganatha, Head, DW Appliances, EMC
- Advanced Analytics on the cloud – Mr. Arindam Bhattacharjee, Chief Architect, SAP Analytics.
As you are aware, our chapters are meant for knowledge sharing and are sales pitch free, vendor neutral, unbiased and always FREE. Here is the Pre-registration link for your quick reference :
We will get back to you with confirmation and directions to the venue, security details ONLY after the pre-registration.
Drop a mail to tdwi.india at gmail dot com for any clarifications.