The aim of this workshop is to encourage multidisciplinary discussions related to novel ideas and application geared towards analyzing social network data. By bringing together researchers in the fields of SNA, data mining, and management studies, the workshop will focus on identifying the “grey” areas of collaboration among their respective disciplines:
- The role of data mining techniques in identifying scalable methods for the extraction and organization of social relations for management research and business practice
- The role of management research in guiding data mining efforts and SNA metrics development towards theoretically-grounded discoveries about social network emergence.
- The role of Social Network Analysis in developing and applying metrics and tools for the mapping, evaluation, visualization, and design of social relations in organizations.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers till now:
- Prof Noshir Contractor, Northwestern University
- Dr Christian Posse, Principal Research Scientist, LinkedIn
Workshop on December 15, 2010, Bangalore (India). Paper submission deadline: September 24, 2010
For more details – visit BASNA’s website.