At times, even for the seasoned DWH practitioners feel that some of the basics needs brushing up. A good place to look out for a detailed tutorial on building a data warehouse is Stephen Forte’s blog. The topics are neatly organized into five sections viz.
- Part I: When to build your data warehouse
- Part II: Building a new schema
- Part III: Location of your data warehouse
- Part IV: Extraction, Transformation, and Load
- Part V: Application Development Options
Although the examples and descriptions are around MS SQL Server based, but I am sure that it would appeal to even folks from other technologies too.
Having heard from the practitioners, especially the beginners, I intend to share such blogs / links which should appeal to them. Do let me know if you have anything to share.